WELCOME TO MY JOURNEY


From the bottom of my heart Thank You, for taking time out of your busy day to follow my journey. It really means alot to me to know that there are people out there who care. I also hope that what I am going through can help inspire you to take a moment out of each day, and be truly grateful for all the "little" gifts in life that are so often taken for granted. For any one else out there who fights a battle every day, I hope you always look up and give it your best. Life is what you make it so MAKE IT AMAZING!!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

To Give You a Little More

Could you imagine waking up one morning getting out of bed and when you go to stand up on your legs, you collapse?   It is so scary; I did not know what was happening.  I had an appointment with my neurologist and after another MRI she told me it was a relapse.  This attack was so much worse than the last one 3 ½ years prior. The first attack happened after the birth of our second child. It caused a bit of tingling in my hands, made me extremely tired and caused my right eye to cross for a few months. This time was so very different; it has affected me from the waist down.  My sensation of hot and cold on my legs, my feet being numb and I could not feel when I would step on something or stub my toe. I had to learn to be so careful, where I stepped and making sure my legs moved when I wanted them too.   At times my arms and legs are just covered in bruises because my legs will just give out, and I fall, or I lose my balance. It also has affected some of my internal organs like my bladder and bowel.
  It is so frustrating to be such an independent person; who love life so very much, to have so much taken away.  I miss playing outside with my kids, or being able to take them to school. I now have to rely on family and friends to help me.  I have had my driver’s license suspended, that was really difficult for me, my independence GONE.
There have been days where I don’t know how I have made it through. All I can say is it is through the grace of God, and the love of my husband, children and family. They have all come together to help me, in any way they can.
I don’t know if you are aware there are no current cures for MS in our medical system.  They have treatments that may prevent 1 in 3 further attacks, but no promises.  The doctors have no idea why my body is attacking itself.  They don’t know what my future holds, or if it will ever get better.   I am not willing to live my life on so many unanswered questions.  I am determined to fight and find a way to get better.  So with all that in mind we have been doing a lot of research of other options.
My husband has found a medical clinic in Scottsdale, Arizona. The name is Envita Natural Medical Clinic of America. They have experienced doctors who are very confident they can help me.  The clinic runs a series of tests to find out why my body is attacking itself. Then the doctors combine pharmaceutical and natural treatments to help my body heal.  For this treatment I need to go to Arizona for 6-8 weeks.  The treatment will cost me $25000, and I am responsible for a place to stay. 
I truly believe my life is worth it, I also want to be a voice to others. 

1 comment:

  1. It was interesting to hear your story Amanda. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete